Office Manager & Executive Assistant - Office of Abigail Boyd MLC
Greens NSW Upper House MP Abigail Boyd is looking for a passionate, politically engaged person to join her team in the role of Office Manager & Executive Assistant.
Salary and allowances of up to $53,897 p.a. (3 days per week) (depending on skills and experience), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Abigail is one of seven Greens NSW MPs in the NSW Parliament, and her current team consists of two Policy and Parliamentary Advisors and one part-time support staff.
Our team works across a variety of portfolios, including:
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Treasury, Finance & The Economy
- Work Health & Safety
- Energy & Just Transitions
- Disability Rights & Inclusion
- Animal Welfare
- Hunter, Newcastle & Central Coast
The successful applicant will work to support the small team in the NSW Parliament in Sydney in an Office Manager & Executive Assistant role.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit www.abigailboyd.org to develop an understanding of the work and priorities of the office, including work inside and outside of Parliament.
As an office of a Greens NSW MP, we are bound by party policy and have a deep commitment to the party’s four pillars of social and economic justice, ecological sustainability, peace and disarmament, and grassroots participatory democracy.
Hours: 0.6 FTE; working days by negotiation
Remuneration: approximately $53,897 p.a. pro rata (comprising salary and allowance), depending on qualifications and experience
Location: Based at NSW Parliament in Sydney
Contract: Permanent role with 6 month probationary period
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant is a dynamic and varied role, including (but not limited to) management of existing office systems, managing visitors to the office, organising meetings and events, respond to inquiries from constituents, stakeholder engagement, triaging the office inbox and responding to emails, compliance tasks, managing Abigail’s calendar, personal errands, some social media content creation and other miscellaneous tasks required for the smooth running of the office.
Parliamentary experience is not essential, but the right candidate will have experience with or an interest in progressive politics.
Our office is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and work culture. The successful applicant will share, and live by, these values.
You will be someone who:
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, including well developed interpersonal abilities and attention to detail
- Has the ability to work positively as a member of a small team including demonstrated initiative, collaborative work practice and a proven capacity to work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines
- Has excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Is flexible and able to balance competing priorities while working to deadlines
- Has proven analytical skills and experience in using technology, and standard software applications, including social media and web-based applications
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of parliamentary functions, including understanding the passage of legislation and workings of Government and/or State politics
- Is committed to Greens principles of social and economic justice, ecological sustainability, peace and disarmament, and grassroots participatory democracy
Bonus points for:
- An eye for design and basic experience in graphic design for creating engaging social media content
- Experience with writing engaging, persuasive copy (such as emails, published articles, or speeches)
- Previous experience working in a parliamentary context
How to apply:
To apply, please provide your resume (maximum 3 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) addressing the above selection criteria and outlining why you’d be a good fit for the role. Please submit all application documents as one PDF file with your name in the title.
Applications should be sent by email using the subject line: “Application for Office Manager & Executive Assistant” to [email protected].
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Shortlisted applicants will ideally be available for interview in the week commencing 29 January 2024.
If you feel you meet most, but not all, of the key criteria, please do not be dissuaded from applying. We actively promote a diverse workplace. NSW Parliament is an accessible workplace and accommodations can be made where needed.
Inquiries about the position can be made to the office at [email protected] or on 02 9230 3676.